DBpedia Autumn Hackathon 2020
We would like to invite you to join the DBpedia Autumn Hackathon 2020 as a new format to contribute to DBpedia, gain fame, win small prizes and experience the latest technology provided by DBpedia Association members. On September 21st, we will announce the concrete details, i.e. participating data, demos, tools and tasks.
The hackathon is part of the "Knowledge Graphs in Action" conference October 6, 2020.
- Web URL: https://wiki.dbpedia.org/events/dbpedia-autumn-hackathon-2020
- Hackathon begin: September 21st, 2020
- Hackathon submission deadline: October 1st, 23:59 Hawaii time
- Hackathon final event: October 5th, 16:00 CEST, 2020
- Where: The hackathon will take place fully online.
- Registration: main communication channel will be the #hackathon channel in DBpedia Slack (sign up, then add yourself to the channel).
- If you wish to receive a reminder email on Sep 21st, you can leave your email address in this form.
- Experience the latest technology provided by the DBpedia Association members
- Get in touch with experts and technology leaders in the area of Knowledge Engineering
- Varous interesting tracks
- Results and videos are documented on the DBpedia Website and the DBpedia Youtube channel
- Until September 14th - preparation phase, participating organisations prepare details, track formation, additional tracks can be proposed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 21st - Announcement of details for each track, including prizes, participating data, demos, tools and tasks. Check updates here on the website.
- September 21st to October 1st - hacking period, coordinated via DBpedia slack
- September 22nd, 17:00 CEST - TeminusDB (track): Introduction Working Session Webinar (Check all details here.)
- October 1st, 23:59 Hawaii Time - Submission of hacking result (3 min video and 2-3 paragraph summary with links, if not stated otherwise in the track)
- October 5th, 16:00 CEST - Final Event, each track chair presents a short recap of the track, announces prizes or summarizes the result of hacking.
- Attending the hackathon is free. Registration is required, though. If you wish to receive a reminder email on Sep 21st, you can leave your email address in this form.
- Registering after the 21st is still possible by signing up to the #hackathon channel. Submission deadline is strict.
- October 5th at 16:00 CEST, the hackathon final event with the outcome will be held online. Please register in this form
- Please join the final event here: https://lecture.sc.uni-leipzig.de/b/hol-2ym-hhc
Submit a video to show your result. The WeTransfer limit is 2 GB for a folder of files. Technically, you can submit many things, but we only have time from Oct 1st, 23:59 Hawaii time (aka the strict deadline ) until October 5th, 16:00 CEST (aka the final event) to evaluate your submission. This also means that we will probably only have time to look at the first 5 minutes of your video.
- Read, copy and replace the marked fields in this text file. By posting the filled out text in the wetransfer message field, we assume that you are in full possession of your right mind and at full legal capacity.
- Goto https://wetransfer.com/ add the folder with the video, enter email@example.com as the receiver, then your email and post the text file in the message field.
Please open the links in a new browser window. If the document is not shown, please click here.