Knowledge Graphs in Action: DBpedia, Linked Geodata and Geo-information Integration - SEMANTiCS Satellite event
- Web URL: https://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/KnowledgeGraphsInAction
- Hashtag: #KGiA
- Conference and sessions: October 6th, 2020
- Where: The conference will take place fully online.
- Registration: Via form
The SEMANTiCS Onsite Conference 2020 had to be postponed till September 2021. Only pre-recorded videos and a live moderation will be shown on September 9, 2020. To bridge the gap until 2021, we took the opportunity to organize the Knowledge Graphs in Action online track as a SEMANTiCS satellite event on October 6, 2020. This new online conference is a combination of two existing events: the DBpedia Community Meeting, which is regularly held as part of the SEMANTiCS, and the annual Spatial Linked Data conference organised by EuroSDR and the Platform Linked Data Netherlands. We glued it together and as a bonus we added a track about Geo-information Integration organized by EuroSDR. As special joint sessions we will present four keynote speakers. The DBpedia Meeting is part of the conference and covers a Hackathon, a DBpedia Showcase Session and a special chapter session in which DBpedia language chapters from different parts of Europe will present the latest developments.
- Data Infrastructure for Energy System Models by Carsten Hoyer-Click, German Aerospace Center
- Spatial knowledge in action by Marinos Kavouras, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
- Opportunities for a more integrated approach to Geo-information integration by Peter Mooney, Maynooth University
- Know, Know Where, KnowWhereGraph by Krzysztof Janowicz, University of California
EuroSDR VGI Datathon (pre-event)
Datathon "Integration of Crowdsourced Geo-information"
Begin: Sep 17th > Deadline: Sep 24th > Final Event on Oct 6th, 14:00 CEST Session 5
Call for Participants check here.
DBpedia Hackathon (pre-event)
Begin: Sep 21st > Deadline: Oct 1st > Final Event on Oct 5th, 16:00 CEST
Registration / Tickets
Attending the conference is free. Registration is required though. Please register here to be part of the meeting.
Please get in touch with us if you have any problems during the registration stage.
We would like to thank the following partners for their collaboration and support:
|SEMANTiCS 2020 for having this event as an online satellite event.|
Institute for Applied Informatics for supporting the DBpedia Association.
OpenLink Software for continuous hosting of the main DBpedia Endpoint.
|PLDN for organizing and supporting the event.|
|EuroSDR for organizing and supporting the event.|
- Benedicte Bucher, University Gustave Eiffel, IGN, EuroSDR
- Erwin Folmer, Kadaster, University of Twente, Platform Linked Data Netherlands
- Rob Lemmens, University of Twente
- Sebastian Hellmann, AKSW/KILT, DBpedia Association
- Julia Holze, InfAI, DBpedia Association
Organizers of parallel Sessions:
- Joep Crompvoets, KU Leuven
- Peter Mooney, Maynooth University
Please open the links in a new browser window.