2nd DBpedia Community Meeting 2014
After the huge success in Amsterdam in January with over 70 participants the next meeting will be held in Leipzig on September 3rd, 2014.
When: September 3rd, 2014
Where: Leipzig, Germany
Host: German DBpedia Chapter (http://de.dbpedia.org) and the Institute for Applied Informatics
Call for Contribution: Submission form
Registration: Free to participate but only through registration. Option to donate to DBpedia Association & extra ticket for the social event. See more details below.
Co-located with the SEMANTiCS 2014, September 4–5 in Leipzig, http://semantics.cc
Gold Sponsors of SEMANTiCS
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Adrian Paschke, German DBpedia and AG Corporate Semantic Web, FU Berlin
- Alexandru Todor, German DBpedia and AG Corporate Semantic Web, FU Berlin
- Harald Sack, German DBpedia and Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam
- Jörg Waitelonis, Yovisto
- Heiko Ehrig, Research department at Neofonie
- Magnus Knuth, German DBpedia and Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam
- Dimitris Kontokostas, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
- Sebastian Hellmann, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
DBpedia Association Kick-Off Party
After the day of talks, we would like to invite you to celebrate with us the foundation of the DBpedia Association.
The party will be co-located with the Welcome reception and the 1st Pan-European Semantic Web Meetup of the SEMANTiCS at the KUBUS Leipzig.
See http://www.semantics.cc/programme/ for details.
- The DBpedia Association Party in the evening is a joint event with the LOD2 Final Event and the SEMANTiCS Welcome Reception and requires a ticket. The ticket costs either 75 Euro where in addition you get a DBpedia logo on your badge and a DBpedia pin to show your support, or 25 Euro for the event (with no logo and no pin). The ticket can be booked from the SEMANTiCS registration system.
- The ticket for the SEMANTiCS main conference has to be booked separately.
Call for Contribution
Please submit your proposal through our web form.
Contribution proposals include (but not limited to) presentation, posters, demos, lightning talks and session suggestions.
Location / Venue
|Welcome by Sebastian Hellmann, Adrian Paschke and Harald Sack|
|Keynote 1, by Prof. Dr. Sören Auer co-founder of DBpedia|
|Keynote 2, by Sofia Nageletou Senior Data Architect for the BBC's Linked Data Platform|
|11:00||Session 2 Use Cases for DBpedia, companies/developers, lightning talks,|
|Inconsistencies in DBpedia by Magnus Knuth|
|Towards the Amharic DBpedia Chapter by Melkamu Beyene Ababu|
|Vincit: Querying DBpedia in a flexible and multilevel way by Karolina Stasiak|
|17:30||Closing Words and Direction to the DBpedia Party|
Last Modification: 2014-07-23 20:13:00 by Dimitris Kontokostas