2nd DBpedia Community Meeting 2014
After the huge success in Amsterdam in January with over 70 participants the next meeting will be held in Leipzig on September 3rd, 2014.
- Web URL: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Leipzig2014
- When: September 3rd, 2014
- Where: Leipzig, Germany
- Host: German DBpedia Chapter (http://de.dbpedia.org) and the Institute for Applied Informatics
- Call for Contribution: Submission form
- Registration: Free to participate but only through registration. Option to donate to DBpedia Association & extra ticket for the social event. See more details below.
SEMANTiCS 2014, September 4–5 in Leipzig
Gold Sponsors of SEMANTiCS
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Adrian Paschke, German DBpedia and AG Corporate Semantic Web, FU Berlin
- Alexandru Todor, German DBpedia and AG Corporate Semantic Web, FU Berlin
- Harald Sack, German DBpedia and Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam
- Jörg Waitelonis, Yovisto
- Heiko Ehrig, Research department at Neofonie
- Magnus Knuth, German DBpedia and Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam
- Dimitris Kontokostas, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
- Sebastian Hellmann, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
DBpedia Association Kick-Off Party
After the day of talks, we would like to invite you to celebrate with us the foundation of the DBpedia Association.
The party will be co-located with the Welcome reception and the 1st Pan-European Semantic Web Meetup of the SEMANTiCS at the KUBUS Leipzig.
See http://www.semantics.cc/programme/ for details.
- Important: Attending the DBpedia Community meeting is free, but you need to register
- The DBpedia Association Party in the evening is a joint event with the LOD2 Final Event and the SEMANTiCS Welcome Reception and requires a ticket. The ticket costs either 75 Euro where in addition you get a DBpedia logo on your badge and a DBpedia pin to show your support, or 25 Euro for the event (with no logo and no pin). The ticket can be booked from the SEMANTiCS registration system.
- The ticket for the SEMANTiCS main conference has to be booked separately.
Call for Contribution
Please submit your proposal through our web form.
Contribution proposals include (but not limited to) presentation, posters, demos, lightning talks and session suggestions.
Location / Venue
|9:00||Session 1 (Chair: Adrian Paschke) Session 1 Notepad|
|Welcome by Sebastian Hellmann, Adrian Paschke and Harald Sack|
|Keynote 1, by Sören Auer co-founder of DBpedia|
|Keynote 2, by Sofia Angeletou Senior Data Architect for the BBC's Linked Data Platform|
|DBpedia 2014 Highlights by Volha Bryl, University of Mannheim|
|11:00||Session 2 Use Cases for DBpedia, companies/developers, lightning talks (Chair: Harald Sack) Session 2 Notepad|
|DBpedia High Availability and Low Server Usage with Linked Data Fragments by Ruben Verborgh, University of Gent|
|Versioning DBpedia Live using Memento by Paul Meinhardt, Kerstin Günther, Magnus Knuth, HPI Potsdam|
|Vincit: Querying DBpedia in a flexible and multilevel way by Karolina Stasiak, vsoft|
|Data interlinking together with crowd workers by Cristina Sarasua, University of Koblenz|
|Knowledge Summarization in DBpedia by Edgard Marx, AKSW Group|
|Linked Data Harvester by Andreas Blumauer, Semantic Web Company|
|Product Information on Polish DBpedia by Krzysztof Wecel, Poznan University|
|Evaluation Datasets for DBpedia-based entity linking, classification and salience computation algorithms by Milan Dojchinovski, Vaclav Zeman, Prague University of Economics|
|14:00||Break-Out Sessions (BOS)|
BOS 1 DBpedia @ LOD (Chair: Dimitris Kontokostas) BOS 1 Notepad
BOS 2 DBpedia Roadmap Discussion on the next steps of the DBpedia project (Chair: Sebastian Hellmann) BOS 2 Notepad
|16:00||Parallel Sessions (PS)|
PS 1 DBpedia Developers (Chair: Alexandru Todor) PS 1 Notepad
PS 2 Demo and Poster Session (Chair: Magnus Knuth) PS 2 Notepad
PS 3 Data Id Hackathon (Chair: Martin Brümmer) PS 3 Notepad
|17:30||Closing Words and Direction to the DBpedia Party|
Last Modification: 2014-09-03 14:53:03 by Dimitris Kontokostas