Very shortly after the largest DBpedia meeting to date we are crossing Atlantic for the second time. We are happy to announce that the 8th DBpedia Community Meeting will be held in Sunnyvale on October 27th 2016, hosted by Yahoo.
Please read below on different ways you can participate. We are looking forward to meeting again in person with the US-based DBpedia community.
- Web URL: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/California2016
- Hashtag: #DBpediaCA
- When: October 27th, 2016
- Where: Yahoo (building E), 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA.
- Host: Yahoo
- Call for Contribution: Submit your proposal in our form
- Registration: through eventbrite (limited seats)
If you would like to become a sponsor for the 8th DBpedia Meeting, please contact the DBpedia Association.
|Yahoo!||For hosting the meeting and the catering|
|Google Summer of Code 2016||Amazing program and the reason some of our core DBpedia devs are visiting California|
|ALIGNED – Software and Data Engineering||For funding the development of DBpedia as a project use-case and covering part of the travel cost|
|Institute for Applied Informatics||For supporting the DBpedia Association|
|OpenLink Software||For continuous hosting of the main DBpedia Endpoint|
- Nicolas Torzec, Yahoo Knowledge Graph.
- Pablo N. Mendes, Lattice Data Inc.
- Dimitris Kontokostas, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
- Sebastian Hellmann, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
Attending the DBpedia Community meeting is free of charge, but seats are limited. Make sure to register to reserve a seat.
Call for Contribution
Please submit your proposal through our form. Contribution proposals may include (but are not limited to) presentations, demos, lightning talks, panels and session suggestions. We intend to accept as many proposals as possible in the available meeting time.
The meeting will take place at the Yahoo headquarters in Sunnyvale. Address: Yahoo! (Building E, 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA)
Your DBpedia Association